Register for the 2020 Summer Art Intensive
The SUMMER ART INTENSIVE 2020
Presented by Oakland University and Heath Art
"LIVE" online art instruction
using Google Hangouts
Aug 3 - Aug 7, 2020 / 10:00am - 3:00pm M-F (5 days)
Cost - $550.00
The first ten registrants receive $150.00 student discount
(tuition with the student discount is $400.00 total)
Materials: Registered students will receive a materials list, and are responsible for purchasing all art supplies.
Students will work with professional artists:
Eugene Clark: Adjunct Faculty, College For Creative Studies, Entertainment Arts Department, Special Lecturer, Art and Art History Department, Oakland University, Rochester, MI
Diane Heath: Art Educator, Aspen HS, Aspen, Colorado, Director-Heath Art, KCAD adjunct instructor
- FIGURE DRAWING / ANATOMICAL DRAWING
- PORTRAITURE / Illustration and Concept character design
This unique and rigorous experience assists students in building their portfolios in preparation for college application. They will build skills that are essential in arts careers including: Animation, Entertainment Arts, Concept Design, Film, Architecture, Automotive design and others. Our goal is to have each student complete a body of work at the end of the two week experience that is competition and college application ready!!
All students will study human anatomy for the artist / figure drawing / portraiture, while drawing along with Eugene Clark, during the
anatomy / figure drawing.
12pm-1pm Lunch Break
Portraiture: Learn the art of portraiture through exciting hands on,
step-by-step lecture demonstrations. Each student will learn
techniques to draw a confident portrait with details of the features
and light and shadow.
Special Bonus Experiences:
During the one week art intensive, in addition to the art studio curriculum listed above, students will have exclusive opportunities to meet professionals in the field of art and colleges of design:
- PORTFOLIO WORKSHOP: Diane Heath, Director, presents an informative presentation on building a better portfolio along with information on college and entrance scholarships.
- VISITING ARTISTS: Each week the students will have a chance to meet, listen to, and ask questions of visiting artists and professionals as they share their knowledge and expertise. Past visiting artists include - Ben Mauro, Concept Artist, Sam Marin, Cartoon Network, Guy Allen, Illustrator, Matt Faulkner, Children's book illustrator, and more.
- COLLEGE ADMISSIONS PORTFOLIO REVIEWS:
College admissions representatives will be available for portfolio reviews for all students attending. Past Colleges include - The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Kendall School of Design, College for Creative Studies, Lawrence Institute of Technology, and more.
To Register for the Summer Art Intensive: Fill out the registration form below, and send payment using options listed below
Registration Form and payment information
1. Fill out form below (click send)
2. Payment Options - Zelle, Venmo, Chase pay or personal check.
(Contact Diane Heath for Zelle, Venmo, and Chase Pay)
To pay by Check: Make all Checks payable to ' Heath Art '
and mail to,
15002 Knightsbridge, Shelby Township, MI. 48315
In message field indicate "photo
permission" if you agree to have your
photo or artwork included in future Heath Art promotional materials.)